Hirers Guide to Marketing and Publicity at GPAC
Geelong Performing Arts Centre is committed to helping hirers maximise the potential of their event or performance.
GPAC has developed an attractive marketing package exclusively for hirers, featuring a wide range of services and special benefits designed to help you reach your target audience.
GPAC’s marketing services are provided on-site by local media agency MooMedia Australia.
As part of the agency’s agreement with GPAC, hirers are offered a range of marketing services at no charge, under the umbrella of GPAC Marketing.
In addition, hirers can access MooMedia’s commercial design and publicity services to assist with the development of marketing or media materials.
These services are provided to hirers at a special rate. Please refer to the sections on Advertising, Artwork and Publicity for further information.
If you are SELLING TICKETS to your event through the GPAC box office go to page 3
If you would like to find out about additional PAID MARKETING SERVICES available to all venue hirers go to page 8.
Contact us today For the best local advice
NOTE: If you are producing any collateral with GPAC’s theatre details please send a proof to: email@example.com for approval prior to printing or any press publication.
The following services are provided FREE-OF-CHARGE:
• 30-minute consultation session to assist with development of your marketing strategy. Consultation includes advice on publicity and provision of a local media contacts list.
• Planning and booking of local advertising. Hirers can access GPAC’s special government rate for advertising in local newspapers.
• Co-ordination of other advertising opportunities including digital and social media.
• Advice regarding suppliers for street distribution of fliers and posters in Geelong region. Contact MooMedia to discuss distribution options and confirm rates.
• Co-ordination of direct mail campaign to select GPAC database contacts. See additional info regarding direct mail on page 10.
• Inclusion of event information on the GPAC website at www.gpac.org.au. Hirer to provide a 150-word description and 1200px wide x 500px high JPEG to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note GPAC reserves the right to edit contributions).
• Image and listing on GPAC’s large foyer screens (added a maximum of 4 weeks prior to performance).
• Inclusion in GPAC’s What’s On email newsletter issued fortnightly to around 5000 subscribers (events added a maximum of 3 weeks prior to performance).
• Poster display at Box Office. Hirers may supply 2 posters (based on A3 size) for display, up to 4 weeks in advance of performances.
• Flier display at Box Office. Hirers may supply fliers for display at the Box Office counter. Around 500 x DL size is preferred.
• Hirers may supply a retractable banner for display in the GPAC foyer.
The following additional services may be included but are based on availability and not guaranteed
• Radio promotion. GPAC is regularly interviewed on a number of local radio stations. Where possible we will mention performances by external hirers.
• What’s On calendar printed and distributed throughout venue as well as appearing in local press.
• Inclusion on GPAC’s Telephone Messages On-hold recording.